Last week, Complete Wellbeing became India’s first ever magazine to win the Medscape India Award 2012 for outstanding commitment and contribution to the field of holistic wellness. Medscape is India’s largest community of doctors and healthcare professionals. The award was presented at a packed gala ceremony presided over by the honourable Health Minister for state of Maharashtra, Suresh Shetty and was attended by India’s leading doctors and healthcare professionals.
The award was one of 21 awards won by distinguished individuals from the medical, pharmaceutical and paramedical fraternity. Commenting on the award, Founder President of Medscape India, philanthropist Dr. Sunita Dube, said, “Complete Wellbeing effectively encapsulates our vision of catering to the holistic welfare of all individuals. We at Medscape are delighted to take this opportunity to honour this contribution.”
The awards celebrate excellence and integrity in wellbeing and were voted by a high-profile judging panel of doctors and healthcare professionals, including Dr Niranjan Agarwal President, Association of Medical Consultants, Mumbai.
Also present at the event were Dr. Kishore Taori, President – Maharashtra Medical Council; Dr Lekha Pathak Hon. physician and cardiologist to the president of India and Governor of Maharashtra; eminent orthopedic surgeon Dr. H R Jhunjhunwala, renowned ophthalmologist Dr. Hemanshu Mehta, and Padma Bhushan Dr.Sancheti of Sancheti Hospitals.
About the Awards
The Mescape awards were hosted by Founder President of Medscape India, philanthropist Dr Sunita Dube. They consist of a beautiful ebony and gold trophy that symbolises the international symbol of healthcare. It was given away to winners by eminent dignitaries such as Dr. TP Lahane, the dean of JJ Hospital.
The other award categories included
- Excellence in medicine, Surgery, Neurosurgery—Dr.Paresh K.Doshi
- Excellence in dermatology—Dr Hemangi R Jerajani
- Excellence in obstretics and gynaecology—Dr. C. N. Purandare
- Excellence in Opthalmology—Dr Ragini Hasmukhray Parekh
- Excellence in Radiology—Dr. Mukund Joshi
- Excellence in Wellness and Health care—Ms. Shelly Khera
- Excellence in Homeopathy —Dr. Jawahar Shah
- Excellence in Ayurveda—Shri Ramji Girijashankar Jyotishi
- Excellence in physiotherapy—Dr. D. H. Dastoor
- Excellence in health management—Manman Indigenous Equipment
- Excellence in dentistry—Dr. Mansingh G. Pawar
- Excellence in orthopedics—Dr. Kantilal Hastimal Sancheti
- Excellence in general practice—Dr. Jitendra Trivedi
- Excellence in Medical Tourism—Seven Hills Group
About Medscape India
For the first time ever Medscape India has brought together Indian doctors and the healthcare community for dialogue and consensus.
Medscape India is supported by 21 separate councils and associations such as the Maharashtra Medical Council, Maharashtra State Homeopathic Council, Maharashtra State Dental Council, Federation of Obstetric and Gynecological Societies, Neurological Society of India, Association of Pharmaceutical, Indian Dental Association, Indian Association of Physiotherapists, Indian Dental Association. Medscape India was established in 2010 with a socio-scientific aim and is headed by Dr. Sunita Dube, philanthropist and radiologist, who has been instrumental in bringing these federations together.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!