Many people avoid mayonnaise because they consider it to be rather unhealthy and therefore not fit for consumption. For such people, we present to you a sandwich recipe that uses mock mayonnaise using hung curd which healthier than regular mayo and is as tasty too— but without the latter’s drawbacks.
Mock mayonnaise sandwich recipe
This nutritious and lip-smacking toast is made of salad veggies tossed in mock mayonnaise with a curried twist. Let’s begin…
Makes: 4 sandwiches
Pre-preparation time: 1 hr 30 minutes
Preparation time: 5 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
- 8 slices whole-wheat bread or white bread
- 4 cups curd
- ½ cup carrots, grated
- 1 medium capsicum, chopped finely
- 4 tsp powdered sugar
- 2 tsp mustard seeds
- ¼ cup curry leaves
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- Salt as per taste
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 2 tsp butter
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth for one and a half hours. Remove from cloth and transfer to a bowl.
- Add the carrots, capsicum, salt and sugar; mix well and set aside.
- Heat oil; add 1 tsp mustard seeds. Once seeds begin to splutter, add half of the curry leaves. Remove from heat and add red chilli powder.
- Add this to the curd mixture.
- Divide the curd mixture into 4 equal portions.
- Evenly spread one portion between 2 slices of bread. Apply some butter on both the outer sides of the sandwich.
- Heat a tava and sprinkle 1 tsp mustard seeds and the remaining curry leaves on it.
- Then grill each sandwich on the tava over the curry leaves and mustard seeds till golden brown on each side.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!