These lettuce wraps make for great party starters. When buying lettuce for wraps, look for ones that are fresh, tightly packed and heavy. To keep your lettuce firm for long, first separate the leaves and wash with cold water. Then fill a bowl with cold water, add ice cubes and a quarter cup of vinegar. The cold water helps to hydrate the leaves and make them crisp while the vinegar cleans it of any impurities. Now dunk the lettuce leaves in this chilled water and swirl around. Remove after few minutes and give them one final rinse with cold water to get rid of the vinegar taste. Your crispy lettuce is ready for use.
- 2 tbsp oil
- Corn kernels from 1 cob of corn
- 2 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 – 2 red chillies, finely sliced
- Handful of coriander
- 4 cherry tomatoes, roughly chopped
- Juice of 1 lime
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 iceburg lettuce, leaves separated
- 25g feta cheese
- Gently heat the oil in a large frying pan and add the corn. Stir well and allow to turn golden brown.
- Add the spring onions, garlic and chillies and stir well.
- Roughly chop the stalks of fresh coriander and add to the corn with the cherry tomatoes.
- Stir well and squeeze in the lime juice.
- Season with salt and pepper and allow to cook for 2 minutes. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Stir in the coriander leaves thoroughly and pile the mixture on the lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with feta cheese and serve.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!