Blueberry is among the most nutrient dense foods with enormous benefits to health. Full of antioxidants, low in calories, high in vitamins C and K and minerals like manganese, blueberry is what many people call a superfood. Blueberries have been proven to help lower blood pressure and diabetes, improve brain function, prevent heart disease, fight urinary tract infections and are anti-ageing. The anti-oxidants in blueberries help fight free radicals that can cause cancer. So many reason to have them! Here’s a delicious way to include blueberries in your diet.
Frozen Blueberry Yogurt Lollies
- 200g blueberries [fresh or frozen]
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- 250g thick yoghurt
- 50g granola
You can substitute blueberries with raspberries
- Gently heat the berries with the lemon juice and honey [or maple syrup] in a pan for 10 minutes, or until most of the berries have burst.
- Allow to cool while you mix the lemon zest with the yoghurt.
- Loosely stir a few spoonfuls of the berry mixture into the yoghurt, swirling it through so it isn’t fully combined.
- Fill the lolly moulds. Pour in some yoghurt, then a good sprinkling of granola, followed by the burst berry mixture. Top with more yoghurt, finishing with a good sprinkling of granola. Fill the rest of the moulds and place in the freezer for at least 4 hours to set.
- Serve ice cold. These are best eaten within a week but will last for longer.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!