These eggplant roll ups are easy to make. They work best with a large globe eggplant [aubergine], but you can also make them with the long neon or Japanese or Chinese aubergine.
- 1 large eggplant
- Some oil for coating the eggplant
- Feta and cream cheese, as per your preference
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, grates
- 7- 8 olives, chopped
- Salt as you like
- Slice the aubergines uniformly thin, brush with oil, sprinkle some salt and arrange in a roasting pan.
- Bake for about 12 – 15 minutes in a 425°F oven till soft and cooked but not falling apart.
- I’ve used a mix of feta, cream cheese, finely chopped onions, finely chopped bell pepper, grated carrots and chopped olives.
- Combine all the ingredients and stir well till the consistency is so fine that you can spread it.
- Lay a slice of baked aubergine on a plate.
- Place a layer of lettuce leaves over it.
- Spread some of the filling mixture. And roll up the aubergine slice.
- Seal the end with some of the cream cheese filling. You may use a toothpick to ensure that the rolls don't open up.
Serve with Tahini yoghurt dressing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!