Baby potatoes are an excellent low-calorie source of fibre and the ultimate comfort food. They are a great source of vitamins, minerals and amino acids, especially when consumed with the skin.
Here is a quick and easy baby potato recipe that you can have either as a starter or a side dish. Try it today!
Baby potatoes in sambar masala recipe
- Baby potatoes: 250g
- Mustard seeds: 1 tsp
- Oil: 1tbsp
- Sambar masala powder: 1 heaped tbsp
- Salt: as per your taste preference
- Wash the baby potatoes and place in a pressure cooker with sufficient water. Cook for not more than two whistles.
- Once the pressure settles, drain the water and place the potatoes in a colander. You may peel the potatoes or leave the skin on. Cut each potato into two halves.
- In a pan, heat 1 tsp oil. Add mustard seeds and let them splutter.
- Then add the potatoes and toss around.
- Once they have browned a bit, lower the flame and add salt and sprinkle sambar masala evenly over the potatoes. Toss around so that the masala powder coats the potatoes well. Cover the pan and let it cook for few minutes.
- Serve hot
Also try » Highly nutritious sweet potato tikki recipe
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!