There are many ways to make banana fritters. One way of making them is you dip the bananas in the flour batter and then deep fry them. Other recipes also require eggs, milk and coconut.
We share below a simple way of making banana fritters, in the style of pancakes. Just be sure to use ripe bananas [overripe ones are better], they will be sweet, mushy and you will need less sugar. Anytime I have overripe bananas that are too mushy to eat, I just make these fritters or a green smoothie. These fritters are made in a pan using very little oil just enough to grease the pan. You can use ghee if you are not a vegan.
- Overripe bananas 2
- Wheatflour / Jowar flour/ Rice flour 2 – 3 tbsp
- Sugar/ jaggery 1 tbsp [you may add more or skip this]
- Cardamom powder, a pinch
- Nutmeg powder, a pinch
- Oil/ Ghee for greasing the pan
- Peel the bananas and mash them in a bowl, with a fork. Then add all the other ingredients and mix well.
- Heat the pan and grease with oil or ghee.
- Spoon the batter on the pan and form fritters.
- Cover and let it cook on medium flame. Flip and cook the other side.
- Serve hot
- If the fritters are sticking to the pan or not forming well, add a little more flour to the batter.
- You may also add some vanilla essence and chopped almonds to the batter.
- You could also skip the sugar/jaggery and while serving drizzle the fritters with honey instead.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!