Who can say no to the tangy and mouth-watering Indian chaat items. This peanut chaat is different than your usual chaat preparations. It’s high in proteins and low in carbs, since it’s made without potatoes. So this can be savoured even by those who are on a low calorie, low carbohydrate diet.
- Raw peanuts – 1 cup
- Onion -1 medium sized
- Tomatoes – 1 de-seeded
- Raw mango – 1/3 cup
- Carrot – ¼ cup grated finely
- Green chillies – 1 finely chopped
- Red chilli powder – ¼ tsp
- Roasted cumin powder –½ tsp
- Chaat masala – ½ tsp
- Lemon juice to taste
- Coriander leaves – 3 tsp finely chopped
- Salt as needed
- Soak peanuts overnight and pressure cook with salt until soft. Leave it to cool.
- Finely chop onions, tomatoes, green chillies and raw mangoes.
- Set aside some chopped coriander leaves and grated carrots for garnishing.
- In a bowl, combine all the above ingredients and garnish with finely chopped coriander leaves and grated carrots. Your peanut chaat is ready to be relished
This recipe was first published in the July 2013 issue of Complete Wellbeing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!