Enough with those mango smoothies and cheesecakes! Here’s a tangy and spicy mango salad recipe that you absolutely must try.
Sweet and sour mango salad recipe
For the salad:
- Ripe or semi-ripe mango: 1, peeled and sliced [use any mango variety of your choice]
- Onion: 1, sliced into half moons
- Tomato: 1, de-seed and chopped long
For the dressing:
- Mint leaves: 1 tbsp
- Coriander leaves: 1 tbsp
- Peanuts: 2 tbsp, roasted and coarsely pounded
- Lemon juice:1 tsp
- Pepper: 1tsp
- Salt: as you like
- Honey: 1 tsp
- Green chilli: 1, chopped fine
- Place the chopped mango, sliced onion and sliced tomato in a bowl and refrigerate
- Mix all the ingredients of the salad dressing and keep it ready
- Just before serving, pour the dressing over the mango-tomato-onions and mix well preferably with your hands
- Serve the mango salad immediately.
- Adjust the quantity of honey based on how sweet or sour the mango is
- You can use more chilli if you want that extra pungent kick
- Skip the lemon juice if the mango is too sour.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!