Recipe for stuffed mushrooms with walnuts
- Mushrooms: 7 – 8
- Walnuts: 5 – 6
- Onion [small]: ½
- Tomato [small] : 1 [pureed]
- Capsicum: ½
- Garlic: 1 flake
- Crushed red pepper: 1 tsp
- Olive oil: 2 tsp
- Grated cheese: 1 tsp [for garnishing]
- Few coriander leaves
- Salt for seasoning
- Energy: 220Kcal
- Carbohydrates: 6g
- Proteins: 4g
- Fat: 20g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Calcium: 60mg
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degree F.
- Clean and wash mushrooms, partially boil them for 10 – 15 minutes.
- As mushrooms are cooled, cut and remove the stems.
For the stuffing
- Add one teaspoon of oil in a pan, saute finely chopped garlic and onions for five minutes, add finely chopped capsicum and pureed tomatoes.
- Add washed and crushed walnuts to the above mixture.
- Spice up the mixture with salt and crushed red pepper.
- Cook for 10 minutes on a medium flame, garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
- Sprinkle little salt over the mushroom caps and fill them with sauteed walnut mixture.
- Finally grease the baking dish with one teaspoon of olive oil. Arrange stuffed mushrooms in the dish.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Garnish with grated cheese. Serve hot.
This recipe first appeared in the April 2010 issue of Complete Wellbeing magazine