Want to add some character to the otherwise tasteless but nutrient-rich spinach? Just add some of these fern-like leaves to the recipe. Spinach and dill leaves combine very well. Dill has a strong aroma and taste. So a little is enough. Plus, dill is considered as one of the healthiest foods in the world, making this stir-fry super healthy.
Preparation Time: 12 minutes
Cooking Time: 12 minutes
- 3 cups spinach leaves
- ½ cup dill leaves [sua leaves]
- 1½ tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp onion chopped
- 1 tbsp garlic chopped
- 2 tsp green chillies chopped
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 2 tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- Boil water and add washed spinach leaves. Leave them in the water for 15 seconds. Remove and immediately place in chilled water. Remove and drain the excess water. This helps to preserve their bright green colour.
- Chop spinach and dill leaves.
- Heat oil and add onion, garlic, green chillies and sauté until onions are transparent. Add chopped spinach and tomatoes and sauté for five minutes. Add salt, turmeric, black pepper and coriander powder. Sauté for another minute.
- Add the dill leaves, toss and let it cook for five minutes. Remove from heat and serve immediately with rice or roti.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!