I had once read somewhere that there is no such thing as a ‘healthy’ ice cream. And I agreed with that, till I came across this recipe and tried it. This is a vegan recipe [no dairy] and it’s also sugar-free. Make sure you use over ripe bananas so that you get the right consistency of the ice cream and you’ll also need to use fewer dates.
Bananas [over ripe]: 3
Cocoa powder : 1 tbsp
Vanilla essence: 2 tsp
Roasted almonds for garnishing
- Peel and chop the bananas and freeze in an airtight container or zip lock pouch. Freeze for a minimum of 24 hours.
- Just before you want to prepare the ice-cream, thaw the bananas for 10 mins. Don’t let them soften completely.
- In a blender, add all the ingredients. If required add 1-2 tbsp cold water.
- Blend at high speed till all ingredients have mixed well.
- If you want a soft serve consistency then you can serve immediately.
- If you prefer a firmer, ice cream consistency then freeze for 3-4 hours before serving.
- Garnish with roasted chopped almonds while serving.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!