A super healthy beverage that cools you instantly and fortifies you with vitamins, minerals and anti-oxidants. Papaya is not liked by many, but team it with orange juice and you have a winner. This juice boosts your immunity and nourishes you from inside out.
Serves 3 – 4
Use a well ripened papaya and you may not need any sweetener at all. Pour the smoothie into jars with tight-fitting lids to make great on-the-go beverages.
- 1 medium-sized, ripe papaya
- 1 cup orange juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Honey as a sweetener, if needed
- A few mint leaves, to garnish
- Cut the papaya into chunks. Blend it along with orange juice and turmeric powder to a thick but drinkable consistency. Use more orange juice or water to thin it if necessary. Taste and sweeten with honey if needed.
- Pour into tall glasses, garnish with mint leaves and serve chilled.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!