We’re all familiar with the fruit of the moringa tree, i.e. drumstick and commonly use it in Indian recipes. However, not many know that the leaves of moringa are delicious too and make a flavourful side-dish. You can also add these fresh leaves to dals, parathas, soups, smoothies, pesto or while making green chutneys. Moringa leaves are packed with nutrition and are an excellent source of calcium and protein. Read about the many health benefits of moringa.
- Moringa leaves 2 cups
- Onions 1 cup, chopped
- Garlic 2-3 cloves, finely chopped
- Green chilli 1-2, finely chopped
- Mustard ½ teaspoon
- Fresh coconut ½ cup, grated
- Any cold-pressed or filtered oil
- In a pan, add ½ teaspoon oil. Once sufficiently hot, add mustard, curry leaves and green chillies. Let it splutter, then add the onions and garlic.
- Let it cook for few minutes [don’t brown the onions] and add the washed and chopped moringa leaves. Add salt, cover it and let it cook.
- After the leaves have cooked, turn off the flame and add the fresh grated coconut. Delicious moringa stir-fry is ready.
- You may even like to add ½ teaspoon red chilli powder or ½ teaspoon garam masala.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!