We all love eating potato chips. If we do hold ourselves back from indulging it’s only because potato chips are so fattening and without much nutrition. That’s why you have to try this recipe of sweet potato chips.
Healthy sweet potato chips with thyme and chilli salt
Serves 3 – 4
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 2 sweet potatoes, scrubbed clean
- 2 tsp sea salt, [you can use smoked sea salt if you prefer]
- Chilli powder, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 150°C.
- Infuse the olive oil with thyme by gently heating it with most of the thyme sprigs. Do not let it come to the boil. Once warm, turn off the heat and allow to cool whilst you prepare the chips.
- Thinly slice the potatoes. I like to use a mandolin to do this. Try and get them all the same thickness so they cook evenly.
- Remove the thyme sprigs from the infused oil and pour over the potato slices. Mix to coat well.
- Mix together the salt and chilli before sprinkling over the potatoes.
- Lay them in one layer on each baking sheet and put them in
- Bake for 20 – 25 minutes, or until crisp. Keep an eye on them as some may colour quicker than others and will need to be removed.
- Allow to cool before serving with your favourite dip and the remaining thyme sprigs.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!