This salad recipe with sweet potato is rich in fibre; the pumpkin seeds plus olive oil bring in the good fats.
Grilled sweet potato salad with ginger honey dressing
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1cm rounds
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 250g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 spring onion, finely sliced
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp vinegar, [I prefer using balsamic vinegar]
- 2 tsp root ginger, finely chopped
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 tbsp pumpkin seeds [optional]
- Toss the sweet potato slices in 1 tbsp of olive oil and cook on a griddle pan or under a medium grill for 10 minutes, or until soft. Turn them half way through cooking.
- In the meantime, prepare the salad by mixing together the salad leaves, onion and spring onion.
- Make the dressing by mixing together the honey, vinegar, root ginger and the remaining olive oil. Season well with salt and pepper.
- Once the potatoes are cooked thoroughly, remove them from the heat and chop into large bite-size pieces.
- Gently toss them in the salad with the dressing and the pumpkin seeds [if using]. They will be soft so be careful not to break them up.
- Serve piled high for the perfect salad.
This was first published in the November 2014 issue of Complete Wellbeing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!