This salad tastes a lot like Russian salad. I don’t prefer using mayonnaise as a salad dressing as it’s full of oil so I substitute it with peanut butter or cashew cream or some chutneys. This apple and red cabbage salad recipe was an experiment but the result was delicious.
Apple and red cabbage salad recipe
- Apple 1, peeled and sliced or chopped in chunks, choose a firm and crunchy apple
- Red cabbage 1 cup, shredded
- Lettuce 1 cup, shredded
- Carrot 1, shredded
- Peanut butter 2 tbsp
- Honey 1 tsp
- Handful of raisins, walnuts, pumpkin seeds
- Salt, as you prefer
- Add the apple, red cabbage, lettuce and carrot in a salad bowl.
- Add the peanut butter and other ingredients and mix well. The dressing should coat the veggies well.
- Serve immediately.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!