It is said, ‘Health is harmony’. The outer body and the inner bodies must be adjusted to one another. The problem of health is the problem of harmony between the inner bodies and the outer body.
Man is a combination of the three—body, mind and soul. If he is to live a healthy and happy life, all the three aspects of his being must cooperate with each other; all the three should be in harmony with one another.
There are interactions between the outer body and the inner bodies. Our thoughts, our desires and our suppressed intentions have a much greater influence on health than most of us are aware of.
Let me share with you some of the secrets of good health; let me suggest to you the ways to bring harmony between outer and inner bodies and to bring rhythm in life. It is a fact—happiness lies in the rhythm of life. This rhythm flows by following various practices—known and unknown. Let’s understand them.
1. Nature is a great giver. Absorb health vibrations from the spirit of nature. Trees send vibrations. Palm trees, in particular, have a beneficial effect on health. Sun rays too are good.
A sun bath or a stroll at sunrise is a welcome addition to your routine. Let the early morning sun rays kiss and rejuvenate you. Sun, water, air and earth all have the ability to heal. Nature is a kind mother. Go to her for healing. She will surely cure you.
2. Hindu texts speak of the Pranamaya Kosh or the ‘breath body’. Purify it with the help of scientific breathing exercises such as anulom-vilom, and kapalbhati.
3. Diet is key; take care of your diet. A vegetarian diet or satvik food is best for the human body. Flesh diet contains seeds of violence and cruelty.
Salads and fruits are rich in vitamins and build health and vitality. Fasting, once a fortnight, keeps the system renewed and refreshed, and helps the currents of life-force flow freely within you.
4. Build your life in purity and prayer. In ancient India, these two ideals were brought together in the one great ideal of brahmacharya.
Do not think that brahmacharya is limited to celibacy. It can even be practised when you are married.
The word brahmacharya literally means moving with ‘Brahma’ or God. A man who walks with God becomes a channel of life. Not only is he happy, but he also pours happiness on others.
5. Thoughts affect the physical body. Be aware of your negative thoughts. Negative energies interfere with the natural flow of positive energy.
Any negative emotion—anger, envy, fear, worry or anxiety—causes resistance to the natural flow of energy in the body. It is this resistance that causes most of the modern illnesses. Reiki masters refer to it as ‘blockages’.
Blockages lead to problems like nervous breakdown, depression, ulcers, stomach disorders and fibroids. Hence, negative thoughts must be transformed into the positive essentials of hope and faith.Thoughts are forces. Thoughts have power. Watch them, transform them, and use them to heal.
Follow these hints…
- Cultivate the habit of wholesome thinking.
- Say your prayers with a positive mental attitude.
- Behave and affirm constantly that God made your body for health and happiness.
6. Help others. A research conducted in Singapore shows that people with loving kindness live longer. Those who go out and help others rise above their ‘limited’ self.
They are filled with peace that surpasses understanding, and the body is filled with ‘emotions of evolvement’.
Helping others connects your life to higher souls; and their blessings re-vitalise and rejuvenate your physical self.
In a nutshell, deep breathing, meditation and virtuous living help you overcome infirmities. They infuse vitality and energy into the body. Silence and prayer put an end to nervous tension.
Tranquillity clears the complexion and lends lustre to your face. Happiness regulates your blood circulation. Sympathy strengthens the nerves, and generosity keeps your heart healthy and joyous.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!