- We must love all—not merely our family and friends, our kith and kin; we must love all creation.
- The way of peace is the way of love. Love is the greatest power on earth. It conquers all things.
- When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
- The richest treasure of life is a loving heart that breathes out benedictions to all—friends and foes, men, birds and animals.
- Without love the world is a cemetery.
- You always have a choice either to love or to hate, to punish or to pardon, to heal or to hurt. Which way would you choose?
- To live is to love. Our hearts must be so full of love that there can be no room therein for hatred.
- Love reclaims. Love transforms. Sermons or lectures do not touch the hearts of the people; the power of love does.
- Human love is frittered away on worldly objects and goals that are perishable, and utterly futile. But when our love is bestowed on God, we find complete and absolute fulfilment.
- If there is a language, which the deaf can hear and the blind can read, it is the language of love!
- Conditional love says: I love you, because I need you! Unconditional love says: I need you because I love you.
- Everyone wishes to be loved. Only a blessed few wish to love.
- Love does not need to dominate; it only seeks to surrender.
- Love and fault-finding never go together. The more you love, the less you judge.
- We become what we love. If we love the world—its pleasures, possessions, power—we become worldly. If we love God, we become divine!
- Without love the world is like a neglected garden where no flowers bloom.
- You are never too old to love. And when you love, you suddenly grow younger.
- A single touch of love can convert a savage into a civilised man.
- Love is like perfume—we cannot sprinkle it on others without getting some of it on ourselves.
- The greatest famine in the world, today, is that of love—and men and women are unhappy in spite of the comforts and conveniences of modern life. Our one piteous need is that of love, True love, selfless love—a love, which expresses itself in deeds of service and sacrifice.
- Enter love: Exit fear! Two can never dwell together.
- Unconditional love is the love that gives you the freedom to be your own self.
- There is one God, One religion—The Religion of “Love”!
- Look around and look above! Behold, my child, God is love!
All hues and shades
A master's thoughts on love.