Vegans often miss out on desserts because it is difficult to find a dairy- and egg-free dessert. Buffet spreads have so many sweets to choose from, but few are suitable for vegans. Here’s a vegan chocolate mousse made with bananas — easy to make and filled with healthful ingredients. Try it today and you will never miss chocolate moose again!
Recipe for vegan chocolate mousse
- ½ cup ripe mashed banana
- ½ cup drained silken tofu
- 1 ½ – 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- Grated or powdered coconut palm sugar as needed
- Pinch of cinnamon powder or 1 tsp vanilla [optional]
- 1 – 2 tsp flaxseed meal [optional]
- 1 – 2 tbsp any nut milk if needed [optional]
Related article » What makes cinnamon a super spice (and how to best use it)
- Drain the tofu completely by adding it to a cheese cloth and then measure half a cup.
- Blend all the ingredients except the nut milk till smooth. If the blended mixture turns too thick you can use the nut milk to dilute it. If you are using flaxseed meal, then you need to add the nut milk to the mixture.
- If required, filter to remove the coarse particles.
- Pour to serving bowls. Refrigerate for about 3 to 4 hours. Cut some of the banana into rounds and use as a topping before you serve.
This was first published in the February 2015 issue of Complete Wellbeing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!