For centuries, this bright orange fruit has been a part of cuisines around the world. Packed with essential nutrients like zinc, vitamin A and potassium, the pumpkin can easily be a part of your regular diet.
Our Indian-inspired pumpkin coconut recipe makes a warming and healthy lunch or dinner. It's quick to make, delicious and naturally vegan.
- 3 cups chopped pumpkin
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 red chillies cut into half
- A sprig of curry leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated coconut
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tsp jeera [cumin seeds]
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Salt as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Then add mustard seeds and red chillies.
- Once the seeds start sputtering add the pumpkin pieces.
- Sprinkle enough salt and close the pan with a lid.
- After five minutes, check to see if the pumpkin pieces are cooked. If not, leave for another five minutes.
- Grind the coconut, green chillies and jeera to a paste.
- Once the pumpkin pieces are cooked, add the paste.
- On low heat, cook for another five minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Transfer to a serving bowl and garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!