Oatmeal is a great breakfast option as it’s rich in fibre and does not cause sugar levels to spike. It also helps to increase good cholesterol [HDL]. Use steel cut oats as they are rich in fibre and nutrients and are less processed as compared to the quick cooking version.
- ½ cup oats
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp pumpkin puree
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp honey
- Pinch of cinnamon powder
- Chopped fruit of your choice
- Chopped almonds for garnishing
- In a bowl, mix together oats, milk, pumpkin puree, vanilla extract, honey and cinnamon powder.
- Cover with a lid and store it overnight in the refrigerator.
- Garnish with your choice of fruit and sprinkle lots of chopped almonds before serving.
- Enjoy this oatmeal the way it is or heat it for a few minutes before garnishing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!