Bruschetta is one of the favourite finger foods. It’s an easy appetizer that requires just 10 minutes of preparation and packs big flavor.
- 6 – 7 slices fresh baguette, cut diagonally
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 – 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 200g button mushroom
- Few drops of balsamic vinegar
- ¾ tsp thyme
- Freshly grated pepper [for taste]
- Salt [for taste]
- Slice Baguette diagonally into 1″ slices.
- Preheat oven at 180⁰ C [broiler mode]. Place the bread slices and toast until golden brown and crisp. You can also toast it in a toaster or skillet, brushing a little olive oil.
- Remove from oven and while hot, lightly rub the bread slices with a peeled garlic clove.
- Heat olive oil in a pan, add minced garlic and chopped mushroom. Cook the mushroom for a few minutes on high heat, stirring constantly. Add few drops of balsamic vinegar and cook for a few more seconds. Add thyme, salt and pepper powder to taste. Remove from heat.
- Spoon the mushroom mixture on top of the toasted baguette slices. Drizzle a little olive oil and enjoy mushroom bruschetta immediately.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!