This recipe may appear too elaborate and complicated to try, but it’s not.
- 200g button mushroom
- 2 tbsp garlic cloves, minced
- ⅓ cup finely chopped onions
- 2 tbsp finely chopped capsicum
- 1 tsp oil
- Grated mozzarella cheese
- Pinch of turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- Salt [as per taste]
- Clean the mushrooms and carefully twist the stem to remove it. Chop the stems finely.
- Add oil to the pan. Add garlic and onions and saute till the onions turn transparent.
- Toss in the capsicum and cook for a few minutes. Add the chopped mushroom stem, salt and all the spices. Cook until all the moisture evaporates. Leave it to cool.
- Brush the mushroom caps with olive oil. Using a small spoon, fill each mushroom cap with the stuffing, pressing slightly to fill the caps well.
- Preheat the oven at 180⁰ C for 10 minutes. Arrange the stuffed mushrooms on a baking tray and grill for five minutes.
- Remove them from the oven, sprinkle some grated cheese on top and grill for another two minutes. Serve hot.
Stove top method
Grease a non stick pan, place the stuffed mushrooms and cook covered for five minutes, turning once or twice in between.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!