These broccoli patties make for a healthy appetizer or party snack. They are a great supper-time accompaniment and can be also had for breakfast.
Broccoli patties are easy to make and go well with tomato ketchup, mint dip or chutney.
- 1 cup shredded broccoli
- ⅓ cup boiled and mashed potato
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped green chilli
- ¾ tsp ginger garlic paste
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- Pinch of salt
- Bread crumbs or gram flour as needed
- Oil for shallow frying
- In a bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Use your hands to make palm-sized patties from the mixture.
- If the mixture seems too wet, then add some more gram flour or bread crumbs. The mixture should not be too dry or wet.
- Heat oil in a tava or pan. Then shallow fry the patties on both sides till they are golden brown.
- Serve hot.
This recipe first appeared in the November 2015 issue of Complete Wellbeing.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!