Organic food items provide tons of health benefits. Because they are cultivated using organic fertilizers and sustainable farming, organic foods don’t contain toxic chemicals that can be detrimental to the body when ingested. Organic produce is fresher and contain fewer pesticides.
Organically raised animals aren’t fed with animal by-products or given antibiotics and growth hormones that can cause possible health issues in humans. In addition, organic farming helps preserve the environment.
If you want a healthier body, it’s high time to incorporate organic food items into your diet. But how does one increase organic food intake? Here are a few suggestions:
Choose Organic From the Start
One of the best ways to add organic food items in your diet is sourcing and choosing them when you shop ingredients in the supermarket, dine in restaurants, or order online. In this way, you develop the habit of consuming organic food anywhere you go.
Include Organic Seeds In Your Diet
Including organic seeds in your diet provides natural and healthy fats, protein, vitamins, and minerals. Seeds are rich in fiber and antioxidants, which may help improve digestion, heart functioning, and skin health.
Organic seeds come in different texture, taste, and look. You can eat them as they are or added to your favorite food recipes. Some examples include sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin China seeds, chia seeds, linseed, and hemp seeds. Click this link to find out more about organic seeds.
Here’s how you can incorporate these delicious, nutritious, and versatile seeds in your diet:
- Eat As Is: You can eat these edible organic seeds alone instead of potato chips when watching TV. However, you can make your seeds more fun to eat by adding them in your morning porridge and other dishes.
- Add To Your Smoothie: You can add texture to your favorite smoothie by throwing in some chia seeds. Organic seeds are also suitable for fruit juices, such as lemon-watermelon juice.
- Add To Your Salad Recipes: You can sprinkle sesame seeds to your salad recipes to boost your protein intake.
- Include In Your Bread: You can make a homemade spread for your favorite bread and serve toasted.
You probably think that organic food items are boring and lifeless. However, you can make food serving more appealing by being creative. Check the following ways to be creative when consuming organic foods:
- Substitute: Use fresh and organic ingredients based on your taste preference through substitution. For instance, if you have a sweet tooth, you can use organic honey instead of white sugar in baking goodies and making desserts.
- Easy-To-Prepare: You can make easy-to-prepare meals you can refrigerate and cook whenever you feel hungry.
- Add-Ons: As already mentioned, you can add organic food items to various food recipes. For example, you can add organic ingredients in your homemade pizza for a more nutritious snack. Enhance your workout regime by including organic ingredients in your pre- or post-workout diet.
- Main Ingredient: Of course, you can choose organic food items as main ingredients in your cuisines. Items you can use are organic white potatoes, cherry tomatoes, and meat.
Eat Organic Foods Regularly
Include healthy and nutritious organic foods every day. As much as possible, include them in your breakfast, lunch, and dinner. For instance, you can eat them as raw like apples, oranges, and other fresh fruits. You can consumer them as snacks or add them in salads. You can cook organic vegetables for soups or add them in chicken or beef stew. If you like grill foods, you can also smoke or grill them with pork ribs for a delectable smoky-wood-flavored meal.
Cut The Price
Organic food items can be a little bit pricey if you buy them in the supermarket. However, you can cut the price by planting your own organic fruits and vegetables or setting up your organic vegetable garden. In this way, you can harvest and eat organic ingredients all year round without spending that much.
Share With Family And Friends
There’s nothing more fun than when you’re sharing hearty and healthy foods with your loved one. Influence them to eat healthier by including organic ingredients in the food you serve and telling them the health benefits you have experienced. Serve organic food recipes in simple get-together at home or birthday parties.
Your food intake also reflects your health and well-being. That’s why adding more organic food items in your diet is important, to get rid of unhealthy and potentially harmful food ingredients such as additives or preservatives. Eating more natural, whole, and unprocessed foods like organic seeds can help improve your health for a stronger immunity to fight viruses and other disease-causing microbes and substances.