Q: How can I keep my body fat in check?
A: It’s easy, if you stick to a plan. Here goes —
- Eat a diet low in fat and cholesterol
- Eat a high-fibre diet. Add more whole grains, fruits and vegetables, instead of protein, fats, and sugar
- Restrict, or avoid, salt [sodium] Choose sugar substitutes instead of sugar
- Don’t miss, or skip, meals
- Avoid sweets, and “yo-yo” diets, or crash dieting
- Do aerobics, or yoga. Better, if you combine them with strength training. This will help you maintain, or gain, muscle mass and tone. Remember — if you don’t do exercise regularly, you lose about a kilogram of muscle each year
- Incorporate at least 20 minutes of moderate-to-intense exercise, 4-5 days a week. Enhance the duration, if you wish to lose weight.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!