Hard work almost always coincides with nerve pain. However, there are times when the discomfort is too much for us to bear and hampers our daily routine. It also results in low productivity, weakness, and lack of sleep. Finding the best nerve pain relief is vital because it will help you to live a normal life without worries of another attack. Below are tried and tested topical remedies to help address nerve pain.
Boswellin is a natural anti-inflammatory herb also called frankincense. It is used to treat pain and inflammation, taken either internally or externally as a cream. The use of both methods is best for faster pain relief. As a cream, it deliver results in as fast as 5 minutes. Most topical pain relief products have herbs and menthol in them, though, so be careful that it doesn’t touch the eyes because it can cause irritation.
Bromelain is an enzyme derived from pineapple stems. It is commonly used in treating swelling and inflammation, such as those caused by nerve pain. Aside from topical application, eating raw pineapples and drinking raw pineapple juice will give you natural pain relief.
Lidocaine is a good anti-inflammatory that can be bought from your local pharmacy. As a “Cox inhibitor,” it stops inflammation naturally. Lidocaine can be bought in topical forms such as creams and sprays.
Nerve Pain Away
According to this Nerve Pain Away review, this topical spray offers a natural remedy for chronic and deep pain, particularly for people with neuropathy. It is a type of homeopathic remedy, which means it is completely safe and can provide instant relief. The topical spray is to be applied on the affected area and is easily absorbed by the skin. The tingling, burning, and numbness will then be reduced.
Hypericum perforatum is commonly known as St John’s Wort. It is a plant characterized by yellow, star-shaped flowers and commonly grows in Eastern Asia, New Zealand, Australia, North America, and South America.
Hypericum perforatum can be taken in tablet form, but nerve supplement manufacturers claim that it is more effective when applied topically. In fact, this plant is a common ingredient in many topical pain relievers.
Other Ways to Relieve Pain
While topical supplements are all the rage these days, people with nerve pain can also do the following below along with topical remedies.
- Hydrotherapy or relaxing in an extra warm pool of water or Jacuzzi relieves your sciatica nerve pain because your muscle tissues are relaxed. The heat also promotes blood circulation and reduces inflammation.
- Good posture can relieve or hasten the healing of pain. Sit properly on a chair and put support on your back when you need to sit. If you lie down, sleep on a firm and cushioned mattress.
- You can also undergo acupuncture to reduce spasms, increase blood flow and help relax your muscles.
- Do low impact exercises like walking or water aerobics to eliminate pain in the nerves. Physical therapy is another good option that can help soothe discomforts.
- Proper stretching can relieve the nerve pains by loosening tight muscles.
- Apply ice and heat alternately on the inflamed part to reduce the inflammation and increase blood flow to sore area.
When you perform these and apply topical pain relief to hasten the healing of your nerve pains, you will see positive results instantly and you might not need to see a doctor. But if the symptoms of the pain persist, you should consider getting medical help the soonest time possible.