Millions of working days are lost each year as a result of stress and stress-induced ailments at the workplace.
Studies reveal that nearly 40 per cent of job turnover is related to stress. In order to combat this problem, corporate houses often support activities like spa, meditation, yoga, and a host of other auxiliary plans, for their employees' wellbeing. Reiki is one of them, an easy-to-do practice, and the most recent.
Ailments at the workplace
Many corporate executives suffer from stress triggered by anger, moodiness, restlessness, or anxiety due to their inability to making decisions, or fear of not meeting deadlines, or losing control, loss of concentration etc., Workers are generally subject to physical symptoms, such as neck pain, jaw pain, dizziness, backache, nausea, frequent urination, excessive sweating and so on. Untreated stress may cause migraines and headaches, colds, depression and other serious conditions like chronic fatigue syndrome, psychological distress, sleep problems, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes, peptic ulcer, chronic pain, skin problems, and respiratory ailments, to name just a few.
Reiki, an effective option
Reiki enjoys an edge over many other popular self-help techniques like yoga and meditation. Reason: Reiki can not only help you treat yourself, but also others as well. This is what sets Reiki apart from other therapies. Reiki provides distant healing in an equally effective manner too; its benefits are not confined to people in direct contact with the therapist. This is reason enough why Reiki is making its healing presence felt in corporate wellness programmes.
How Reiki heals
Reiki works and heals in more ways than one. As Reiki is dispensed by placing hands near or above the body in specific positions or patterns, it reactivates and realigns our energy centres [chakras], which correspond to the endocrine glands in the body. Also, with Reiki the energy pathways [nadis, or meridians] get cleared of negative energy. This enables natural and free flow of life force through the energy centres.
Reiki healing results in the repair of the Aura [the subtle energy field around the body connected to the chakras] in such a way as to inhibit the entry of any negative energy, before it is allowed to manifest as disease in the physical body. In so doing, Reiki removes tangible and intangible imbalances and aligns the body's innate healing power to promote healing on the physical, mental, emotional, and spiritual levels. This balance, in effect, creates a healthy environment for one's inner resources to deal with stress and other illnesses effectively.
Reiki is a wonderful way to express appreciation to your employees - that you care for their health and wellbeing.
One of the many benefits of Reiki training in the workplace is developing the skills of the workforce to manage stress and self-treat stress-related ailments, without external help. The outcome:
- Improved personal productivity
- Improved health in mind, body, and spirit
- Increased energy
- Improved focus, concentration and self-confidence
- Clear perception and decision-making
- Improved relations with employers.
The benefits that may accrue from participation of your workforce in Reiki sessions, either through self-help, or with Reiki therapists, in the work environment, are manifold:
- Improved harmony between employees and employers
- Treating stress and related ailments without dislocation in working hours
- Increased productivity
- Enhanced employee performance
- Reduced lost time
- Less absenteeism
- Reduced direct and indirect health maintenance costs
- Reduced workers' compensation and disability insurance payments.
- Physical. Reiki strengthens the endocrine, cardiovascular, lymphatic, immune and other body systems. Reiki also provides palpable relief from stress and stress-related ailments
- Mental. Promotes focus and concentration
- Emotional. Brings harmony to relationships between corporate employers and employees, and reduces emotional distress of executives and workers
- Spiritual. Connects you to Divine Cosmic Energy
- Economical. Offers an extremely economical option to management of stress and stress-related ailments, and improves overall productivity.
Spot an error in this article? A typo maybe? Or an incorrect source? Let us know!