Women who look incredible pay attention to details. They take the time to get to know their body shape, their colouring, and what styles work well with them. They know themselves – they are not swayed by the latest trend. They know what they like and what they don’t; they know what looks great on them and what doesn’t.
To look fabulous all of the time start by doing a bit of self-examination. Peek into your past to find out what styles you have felt the most comfortable wearing. Do you like to wear pants or skirts? What clothing choices does your lifestyle dictate? Where do you spend the most time? At home with children? At the office? Or, home-office? Leisure activities? Spending a little time up-front in self-examination will guarantee that you will be able to pull together a confident, fabulous look in minutes.
Make a list of how you spend your time. How much is spent at work, in leisure activities, with children etc.,
The type of clothing you own should reflect your lifestyle. If you spend nine hours of your day in a professional setting, 60 per cent of your wardrobe should be professional. If you spend two hours a day in leisure activities, approximately 13 per cent of your wardrobe should be for leisure. Many women who have problems finding the right outfit to wear every morning make the same mistake – they buy an outfit they like, but that outfit does not fit their lifestyle. For example, if your wardrobe is mostly leisure and you work in a professional setting, when you get dressed every morning, it will seem that nothing is appropriate.
Choose styles that fit well and feel comfortable. Choosing a garment because it is the latest fashion, or because it looks great on someone else, will lead to closet distress. When you love the styles you’ve chosen, they feel great and look great on you. Getting dressed will be a breeze. You won’t find yourself sorting loads of clothing only to find fault with almost every piece.
What looks best on you
Take some time to find out your best colours and only buy garments in those colours. It doesn’t matter if your best friend looks great in lime green; if it washes you out, don’t wear it. The right colours make an amazing difference to how your skin appears and how good you look.
Experiment with styles – may be get some expert advice – to decide which styles best suit your body type. For example, some women have wide hips and some have narrow hips. A flare skirt creates the look of wider hips; therefore, the flare will be great for a lady with narrow hips, but it will make the lady with wide hips appear wider. As you can see, knowing how a certain style affects your shape will help you make better choices.
Ready to go
It will take some time looking at the mirror to get in tune with yourself and discover your best looks; however, the pay-off is huge. When you know your best styles and colours, shopping is much easier and you won’t spend money on garments that will hang in your closet forever. Getting dressed, thereafter, will no longer be a chore and you’ll look fabulous in minutes.
After all, you’ve done all the hard work. You now deserve your look-good rewards!
10 Tips on Dressing for a Date
Both men and women take dressing for a date seriously. How you look reflects your personality and wellbeing. Dressing well shows you care and have a sense of style and loads of self- esteem. The secret is in doing it just right; neither too much nor too little.
- Choose a stylish outfit – one that is well-cut and flatters your body type and colouring
- Have clean hands and well-manicured nails
- Dress appropriately for the date; if it’s a picnic, wear jeans and top or T-shirt, if it is a formal dinner a nice dress or skirt is appropriate
- Wear a subtle cologne or perfume and always shower before a date
- Wear clean foot wear and carry a clean handkerchief.
- Avoid uncomfortable shoes and clothes
- Never wear new clothes or shoes. These can make you uncomfortable, if they pinch or have starch in them
- Never fidget and constantly adjust your clothing
- Try not to copy models you see in glossies. Be yourself and dress for the date according to your body type. Avoid ill-fitting or tight clothes.
- Do not experiment with new cosmetics or perfumes.
- Choose an outfit with clean and simple lines. Wear something that will boost your self-confidence and get people to notice you.
– Team CW